FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have questions about any of our services? Check out our handy FAQ’s below.
Q: What are Eyelash Extensions?
A: Eyelash Extensions is a new popular service that thickens and lengthens your own natural eyelashes.
Q: How are Eyelash Extensions Applied?
A: Properly done lash extensions are applied individually, one by one, onto your real eyelashes.
Q: How long do Eyelash Extensions Last?
A: Eyelash extensions span range from anywhere in between 5-8 weeks. This is from when the extensions are applied to the final shedding of the few that remain. Ideally, a client will come back for a fill every 2-4 weeks in order to keep the lashes looking full and voluminous. Prices can increase depending on how much needs to be filled.
Q: Do Eyelash Extensions Come in Different Sizes and Thicknesses?
A: Yes. Eyelash Extensions don’t necessarily have to be over-glamorous. Eyelash Extensions can be the same length as your natural lashes and just give you a thicker, fuller look.
Q: Are Eyelash Extensions Safe?
A: Yes. We only use adhesive specifically made for Eyelash Extensions, no exceptions. Eyelash extensions should never touch your skin. They should feel and sit like natural lashes.
Q: How long does the application take?
A: A new set of eyelashes can range from anywhere in between 1 ½ to 2.5 hours. To properly apply eyelash extensions is a meticulous job and should not be rushed as it can lead to clumps and your natural eyelashes to fall out.
Q: What is the difference between Classic and Volume lashes?
A: Classic lashes are one extension to one natural lash whereas Volume lashes are two or more lashes per natural lash.
Q: How do I know what set to pick for myself?
A: Don't worry, one of our technicians will do a consultation prior to your appointment.
Q: Can I still wear eye-makeup?
A: Yes, but because of the effect eyelash extensions create, many clients find they no longer need eye makeup.
Q: Can I still wear mascara?
A: No - do not wear mascara with your extensions.
Q: Can I Perm or Curl my Eyelash Extensions?
A: No, eyelash extensions are pre-curled and come in different curls for your liking. We do offer Eyelash Lifts if you'd like to start with that.
Q: Will eyelash extensions damage and make my natural lashes fall out?
A: No - your eyelashes have a growth cycle of their own. An eyelash has a life span of 60-90 days. The average person loses 1-3 lashes a day. It is an optical illusion when your eyelashes seem to be shorter and thinner after having eyelash extensions on for so long. If you did a measurement before and after, you would find no difference in length if the lashes were applied properly.
THINKING ABOUT LASH EXTENSIONS? PLEASE READ BELOW!
a) Please arrive on time for your appointment or it may be rescheduled. OutLash reserves the right to reschedule your appointment if it affects other clients.
b) If you have an appointment for eyelash extensions, please come make-up free if possible. If you are coming from work, you are free to wash your face if needed. Showering/washing your hair is recommended beforehand as you cannot get your newly applied lashes wet for at least 24 hours.
c) Do not wear contacts as this will cause your eyes to go dry and potentially red.
d) A new set of lashes can take anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours so please set your schedules accordingly. I am very meticulous and will not rush your application.
*Please make sure you have specified what service you would like so proper time duration is scheduled for your appointment. The minimum of 1.5 hours is required for every appointment.
1. Don’t wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the adhesive an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms / saunas and swimming during that time frame.
2. Lashes can withstand steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs and pools however please be advised that your lashes will not last as long.
3. Use LashWash 3x/week. Our LashWash has been specifically formulated for eyelash extensions.
4. Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere to your eyelashes.
5. Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes and the sensitive skin around the eyes.
6. Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash. If you want them removed please see an eyelash technician.
7. Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.Protective Coating/Lash Sealant is highly recommended as it prolongs the life of your lashes.
8. Remember to book your next re-lash at 2 - 3 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect. Hassle free booking online!
ARE YOU GOING AWAY ON HOLIDAY? SPECIAL EVENT COMING UP?
Please book your appointment one week before you're set to leave. To date, OutLash has not had any allergic reactions to the adhesive. However, we cannot guarantee every single application as each individual is different.
If you are a bride-to-be, please schedule at least two appointments prior to your wedding. This is to determine that you have no allergic reactions to the adhesive and that we have time to make any tweaks to your lashes should you require them.
If you would like to added to our Cancellation List and be notified when appointments open up, please email us.
Q: What happens if you break a nail or the gel is chipping?
A: If this occurs within 7 days of your appointment we are more than happy to fix your nail free of charge. If it is after the 7 day window, a $5.00 fee may be applied to your service.
Q: What happens if you're running late?
A: Please call or text 403.975. 5274 and let us know. If you are running more than 15 minutes late you may have to reschedule your appointment and will be charged the $20.00 cancellation fee. Depending on how late you are running your original service may need to be modified to fit the remaining time. Please note that any shortened appointments are subject to pay the full price of the originally booked service.
Q: Nail Art Guidelines:
A: Nail art does take extra time and it's important to discuss any designs to ensure we have the correct time scheduled for your appointment.
*Send us an idea and we can then give you a price and time quote. Basic nail art is included in your service, this might include a simple line design or rhinestone placement and is up to our discretion.
**Note that Swarovski Crystals are extra and a quote is important when discussing this design option.
Q: How long does the microblading procedure last?
A: This varies from person to person and a color refresh is recommended on average from 12-18 months after your initial microblading procedure.
Q: How long does it take to do?
A: Investing an hour or two of your time can make you beautiful for years to come. The procedure is split into 2 appointments, which are 4-6 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial procedure will take from 60 to 90 minutes, and your second appointment takes from 30-90 minutes.
Q: Does the application hurt?
A: We take every precaution necessary to ensure the application is as pain free as possible. A medical grade numbing cream is used for your comfort. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable, whereas other clients report no discomfort at all. A numbing cream is placed on brows for 30 min prior to the microblading procedure has started. This is topped up regularly during the treatment to keep you comfortable.
Q: How long is the recovery or healing time?
A: You do not have to hide from the world until you are healed. Many clients can walk right out the door, ready to show off their new brows. Initially stronger in colour, your new brows will soften to a natural looking and beautiful color in two to three weeks.
Q: When will I see the final results?
A: A noticeable difference will be readily apparent immediately following the microblading procedure. You will see your final results after the healing process is fully completed, usually in two to three weeks.
Q: How do you choose the shape?
A: We choose a shape and style together. At the beginning of the microblading procedure, Ooh La La Lashes will draw in a suggested shape for your new brows and then we work together to perfect this to your preference and measurements are taken to check symmetry and position.
Q: How do you choose a color?
A: We choose a color together by applying small amounts of different colored pigments to the skin near to your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone, features and personal preference.
Q: What will they look like immediately after the procedure?
A: Your brows may be a little swollen, red and sometimes a bit white for 36-48hrs. This is all very normal. They will be considerably darker for the first week, before they begin to fade out to a softer color.
Q: Will they fade?
A: Your body’s skin changes over time, and so will any permanent coloration implanted into the skins layers. However, this natural fading process takes years and touch ups are easily done as your colors fade over time.
Q: Can I have my brows microbladed if I'm pregnant?
A: No, you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Does it hurt afterwards?
A: The area can be a little sore for the first few hours and then tender to the touch for a couple of days.
Q: Will my Microbladed Eyebrows look fake?
A: NO! Semi-Permanent makeup is done using a cosmetic tattooing process and our eyebrow pigmentation unique artistry guarantees soft, natural looking eyebrows. When we implant semi-permanent makeup pigment in the skin, it appears more natural looking than even topically applied cosmetics.
Q: What if I don’t like it?
A: Although the procedure is considered semi-permanent, these procedures do have flexibility in changing color and shape to some extent. Colours will appear much darker immediately following the procedure but will often soften and lighten during the healing process. The healing time is different for each individual and remember it takes time to adjust to a new look!
Q: Before You Arrive to Your Appointment
A: Please refrain from all alcohol, aspirin, OR aspirin products (blood thinners) such as Ibuprofen and Aleeve for 24 hours prior to your appointment time. Also refrain from Garlic & Blueberry supplements for 7 days prior to your application. ALL of these make you bleed excessively. Excessive bleeding during the procedure will negatively affect the longevity of your permanent makeup application. In some cases the application will need to be prematurely stopped. Please avoid energy drinks & excessive amounts of coffee for up to 24 hours before you appointment. Not having caffeine in your system will help you to relax much more easily, as well as help to relax the facial muscles in the brow area.
PRE WAX CARE
Following these pre wax tips will help your wax go as smoothly and as painless as possible:
· Your hair needs to be at least ¼ inch long for best results, which is approximately the length of a rice grain. The longer the better though!
· Make sure your skin is clean and sweat-free before your service, but don’t use any exfoliating cleansers, as it might make your skin too sensitive.
· Please avoid sun exposure for 24 hours before your service on any areas you would like waxed.
· You can also take an aspirin 30 minutes before your appointment to help with sensitivity.
· Don’t be nervous! It will be over before you know it!
AFTER WAX CARE
It is normal immediately after your wax for some redness and sensitivity, but it should disappear after a few hours. Since waxing removes the hair from the root, the pores are open after it is removed, so it is important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free.
By following these simple steps, your skin will stay smooth and bump free:
· No sun or heat exposure for at least 12 hours
· No pools, hot tubs, saunas, or hot baths and showers for 12 hours
· Avoid any lotions for 12 hours
· Avoid touching the area to ensure it remains bacteria free
· After 24 hours, exfoliate regularly to keep the skin smooth and prevent ingrown hairs.
· If your skin is extra sensitive, apply Bold & Bare after wax oil to soothe and calm the area
· If you happen to get any ingrown hairs, use Bold & Bare drying lotion as a spot treatment and make sure to exfoliate the skin regularly.
· It is recommended to wax every 4-6 weeks for maximum results.
1. Waxing will make your hair grow back thicker and darker.
- This I false! Waxing removes hair from the root and as a result, the newly grown hair will be softer and lighter. When you shave the hair, you are actually strengthening the root, so the hair appears darker because there is thick root under the skin, as well as thicker. If waxing is done on a regular basis, hair growth rate will eventually be much slower than before.
2. There will be skin irritation and redness after waxing an area.
- This could be true, depending on the wax used, as well as the esthetician. We use a special hard wax, that comes from France, that does NOT stick to the skin, therefore making a wax less painful while eliminating any change of irritation. When a soft wax or strip wax is used, the wax sticks to the skin, which can cause more pulling and you can end up with irritated skin. Also, if an esthetician is not trained properly, you can end up with very irritated skin, ripped skin, and even bruising!
3. Waxing causes loose skin and wrinkles.
- This is very false. When properly waxed, the esthetician should be holding the skin taut, as to not cause any pulling. When using hard wax, since the wax does not actually stick to the skin, there is no change of the wax pulling or stretching the skin. Waxing is actually a great way to exfoliate the skin and keep the skin looking new and fresh.
Q: Why is the CoolGlide Laser the best hair removal system available?
A: The CoolGlide Laser not only uses the latest technology in laser hair removal, but it rapidly treats large areas without the limitations that older lasers face. Unlike other laser hair removal systems, the CoolGlide Laser can treat the fine hair on a woman’s upper lip just as easily and effectively as the coarse hair on a man’s back. The cooled handpiece increases patient comfort and minimizes the adverse skin reaction commonly seen with other laser hair removal.
Q: Will I experience any irritation from the CoolGlide Laser?
A: Immediately following your CoolGlide laser hair removal treatment, the treated area may appear a bit red and swollen. Three to seven days after the hair removal treatment, you may experience what appears to be regrowth of hair, but most of these hairs are being shed as a result of your treatment and are not regrowing. Between hair removal treatments you should not wax or pluck your hair, but it is permissible to shave.
Q: How many treatments will I need?
A: The CoolGlide Laser hair removal can remove hair from all parts of the body safely, easily and effectively. For best results, most areas will require 3-6 treatments dependent on hair thickness, the area treated and your hair’s growth cycle.
Q: What is a Laser and Light Facial? How Does it Work?
A: Our innovative 2-step facial uses the Cutera nd: YAG Laser Genesis and IPL Limelight system, the gold standard in laser technology.
Step 1: Laser Genesis
- Our nd:YAG Laser Genesis penetrates 1064 nm below the skin’s surface to deep clean by annihilating debris, dirt, and dead skin cells. All while killing acne causing bacteria and minimizing oil secretion. The results include hyperpigmentation reduction, diffuse redness, boosts elastin and collagen production and minimizes pore size. Over time this smooths and tightens the skin. This Laser & Light facial is the ideal preventative anti-aging preventative; as the only way to reach the dermis is through laser.
Step 2: Limelight
- Our Cutera Limelight IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) fades liver spots, sunspots, helps get rid of broken capillaries, as well as effectively manages rosacea and destroys light-sensitive bacteria that causes some acne. This photo-rejuvenation treatment helps produce smoother, brighter more even toned skin. The Cutera Limelight IPL is ideal for clients with melasma due to our proprietary facial’s gentle setting. Aggressive settings common in traditional IPL photofacials can actually make melasma worse. Our 15 minute, zero downtime combination of Laser & Light yields maximum results, client satisfaction and is a fast and painless natural treatment.
Q: What is Laser Genesis?
A: While Laser Genesis is a non-invasive laser skin treatment, it is a fast procedure. Laser Genesis may help restore your skin’s natural glow and youthful appearance.
Q: How many times do I need to schedule this treatment?
A: At Aesthetic ImageWorks at OutLash, we suggest that you come in for four to six laser skin treatments to achieve maximum results. We also advise that you keep an ongoing schedule of treatments to maintain improvements you see
Q: How do I know if this treatment is right for me?
A: If you are looking for a safe, quick, and effective laser skin treatment that tightens skin, and rejuvenates, then this treatment is perfect for you.
Q: What should I expect when I come in?
A: With Laser Genesis, you will not have to use ice, gel, or any anesthetic before your laser skin treatment. You will be asked to remove any makeup and/or moisturizers, and in some cases, you may be asked to shave the area treated. Your technician will inform you of what you need to do before your scheduled appointment. Many patients report that the procedure is, in fact, relaxing and therapeutic. During your skin tightening treatment, you should feel a warming of your skin and that is it! You can return to your normal activities as soon as it’s complete
Q: Are there any side effects?
A: Many patients report having no side effects at all. The most common side effect is slight red tint on the target area, which vanishes in a few hours.
Q: What can Laser Genesis treat?
A: Most commonly, Aesthetic ImageWorks uses our laser skin treatment solely on the face and neck. Because of its ability to diffuse redness, laser treatment can reduce rosy cheeks caused by dilated capillaries or rosacea.
Q: What improvements will I be able to see?
A: Although improvement is not immediate, over the course of four to five months, you will see a very noticeable change in your skin’s overall appearance. Individual results vary, but you should expect to see fading of scars and redness, new collagen produced, and a naturally beautiful glow.
Deep Clean: Annihilates Dirt And Removes Bacteria
Brightens Dull Complexion And Even Skin Tone
Tightens And Lightens Skin
Fades Sun and Acne Damage
Helps Get Rid of Acne
Long-term Benefits (of regular treatments):
Stimulates Collagen and Elastin Production for Firmer Skin
Increases cell turnover rate
Minimizes the Appearance of Pores and Fine Lines
Evens Skin Tone and Smoothes Texture
Kills Acne Bacteria and Reduces Occurrence of Breakouts
Effective Treatment for Rosacea
Reduces Scarring From Acne
Diminishes Broken Capillaries